Thursday, August 9, 2007

1st post!


Hello, all. This here's the place where I'll be airing my thoughts on the world of books, publishing, movies, people, etc. I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but I just haven't had the time. I'm hoping, as I learn this blogging thing more, I'll be able to post more pictures and info daily, if possible.

I hate to start all this on a sour note, but just last night I learned of the passing of one of our authors, the great writer Mel Shavelson.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070809/ap_en_mo/obit_shavelson;_ylt=AlI.MSpxiw8IgaAbeHf6oyhxFb8C

He was one of the great Hollywood people and he's going to be missed.

I am, however, very glad he had a lot of time with his book. One of my major regrets is that Tony Toran, author of our massive Russ Columbo biography, never had a chance to hold the book in his hands. I was told he even asked about it in the hospital in his last days, but we just couldn't get it out in time. I believe his author copies shipped out to him on the very day we learned of his death. :(

Tony was a fine man, though, and his book meant the world to him. I still miss his excited phone conversations. :)

No comments: