Wednesday, August 22, 2007

running outa things to say!

Wow, I'm impressed with people who manage to update their blogs daily. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to do it Too often. We must live boring lives. I could talk about the ins and outs of the book biz, but I'm afraid of putting you all to sleep. It's hardly glamorous stuff. It's mostly sitting at the computer and typing in text, answering emails, reading book copy, etc., etc. That's why I like to get up from the desk as much and Often as possible. And when the phone rings, I'll walk and talk at the same time. Mayumi and I also go to the gym a couple times a week, because it's important to keep the body, as well as the mind, healthy. The Japanese are especially good at practical matters like this.

Oh, I just got a great review in Classic Images for my biography of The Bickersons. And also Phil Rapp's Joke File which I put together from Phil's huge files. He typed one joke per index card, arranged alphabetically. The man had Thousands of jokes. I tried to pull the ones I thought best. Good ol' Laura Wagner from Classic Images thought there were some hot yuks in there too!

By the way, the new Jimmy Stewart stamp is out now. The woman who sold me the stamps, who is probably my age (I'm 36), had no idea who he was. Then again, sometimes it's cool to claim ignorance of the old stuff, isn't it? I did it myself way back when!

No comments: