Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Walk of Fame this way































The night after the Magic Castle we walked down a couple streets to the most famous street in the world. Here you see some footprints in front of the Chinese Theatre. I really wanted to see a movie In that theater, but nothing interesting was playing (we'd seen Speed Racer in a Huge theater in Palm Springs, but it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and I didn't want to waste 3 hours of my life again in Hollywood). But we took a walk down the sidewalks, which unfortunately are merely filled with average shops selling t-shirts and very common items. I'd heard from other people, that the glamor had gone from this place. Alas, they are right. I'm afraid I don't understand why This area isn't made trendy. Just a street or 2 over is a very nice, trendy area, like an outside mall. Well done. Atlanta has better areas than where the Walk of Fame is located. Is it that the city thinks tourists will come here Anyway, so why make the area clean and full of niche shops? That's the only reason I can think of. And I think they're wrong.

However, it was good seeing the stars of the various people we publish books on. And I'll show you more of those tomorrow too!

No comments: