Saturday, August 30, 2008

Death Race

My friend and I saw this last night. Good, fast movie. Not a campy comedy like the original, which I also really liked (for different reasons; Stallone IS good at comedy), but a tough, fun action movie. For me the funniest thing about the flick was how fast the camera needlessly moves when shooting the drivers in their cars, and of course I was the only one laughing at not being able to see clearly. But the rest of the film was shot without Too much cameraman motion or too much editing, so I had a good time! What was funny also though was that my new author Ib Melchior got NO credit for having created the original story. Merely that it was based on Roger Corman's film, Death Race 2000. Perhaps Corman owns the story outright? In any case, it was good to see a reasonable sized audience last night even a week after it opened.

No comments: